Now at the National Aviary!
Birdly® opens April 20
Have you ever dreamed of flying? Make your dream a virtual reality. This bird flight simulation experience allows you to fly through New York City while lying down, flapping your “wings,” and tipping to turn left, right, up or down as you feel the wind blow through your hair. Onlookers will be able to see what you see on a large monitor, while you experience flight first-hand!
Cost: $8 per flight + general admission for non-members. National Aviary members always receive free general admission.
Stop by a Visitors Services Desk when you visit the National Aviary.
Availability for this unique and exhilarating experience is limited, and flights are booked in ten minute increments with two people per ten minutes.
Please note these important guidelines to ensure your safety and comfort:
- To operate Birdly®, participants will align their arms with the machine's "wings." The rider's "wingspan" (distance from finger tip to finger tip) must be at least 41".
- Weight capacity is 395 lbs.
- Skirts and dresses are not recommended, as participants will climb aboard and lie down (in a flight position) on the simulator.
- If you have a pacemaker, experience seizures, have limited mobility, or have any medical condition that could pose a risk to your health while flying on Birdly, please do not participate. Consult with your physician if you have questions.
- Experiences are booked in ten minute timed increments with two people per ten minutes. Participants must arrive at the Birdly® exhibit ten minutes before their scheduled flight. Late arrival may result in cancellation. Refunds will not be granted.
- Fly at your own risk.