Whoooo wants to hold a mysterious owl?
Available to visitors at $74 per person
Member Price: $66.60
Includes General Admission
This unique opportunity is offered daily at 3:30 p.m.
- Learn about the unique adaptations of owls, from their uncanny ability to turn their head almost all the way around, to their exceptional eye sight, and silent flight.
- See fascinating biofacts, like an owl beak!
- Hold out your gloved hand as and aviculturist helps you hold an owl!
- Take photos and ask questions about these extraordinary birds.
- Learn how you can help protect owls in your own backyard.
- Each Animal Encounter is limited in size to allow for a personal experience and to provide ample space between participant groups.
- Seating is separated by 6 feet for individuals and families not in the same group.
- Staff will wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status.
- Guests are also required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status.
- Guests are provided with hand sanitizer before and after any animal interactions.
- The National Aviary is performing frequent cleaning and disinfection of surfaces throughout the day.
We paid for the owl experience for our two kids (ages 15 and 21). The kids came out of the room excited and busily talking about everything they learned. Both agreed the employee was incredibly knowledge and had a well-organized and thoughtful presentation. Also, we loved the immersive exhibits and very much enjoyed sharing the birds’ habitat with them.National Aviary Visitor
- 6 years and older. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- At the National Aviary, we give our animals the choice to participate in interactive experiences with caring guests, like you! Please provide your contact information when booking your encounter. If our animal ambassador needs a day of rest, we will contact you to reschedule your encounter. The comfort and safety of our animals and our guests is always our top priority. Thank you for understanding!
Email email@example.com or call 412-258-9445 for more information or with questions.