Now Booking 2023-2025: The Garden Room
Weddings and ceremonies in The Garden Room at the National Aviary are dazzling and memorable. This elegant and versatile space provides a stunning setting for your celebration, with expansive windows and doors made of bird-safe glass that provide generous sightlines to the historic Rose Garden, Lake Elizabeth, and the surrounding park. The Garden Room allows ample space for physically distanced celebrations, while two large stone fireplaces bookending the room create a feeling that is cozy, yet elegant.
Events in The Garden Room enjoy all of the amenities of a state-of-the-art venue while feeling connected to nature year-round. Expansive doors and windows open up onto an elegant terrace, providing easy access to the historic Rose Garden. Restored to more closely reflect its original turn of the century design, the Rose Garden is a gorgeous setting for ceremonies and for photos.
Our experienced team will help you create the wedding of your dreams in The Garden Room.
- Weddings in any weather are beautiful and comfortable year-round, with all the amenities of a new venue and ample views and access to the Rose Garden and park.
- Treat guests to an elegant cocktail hour in the nearly 2,000 square-foot lobby adjacent to The Garden Room.
- Enjoy exclusive and seamless access to the National Aviary’s lush, immersive habitats via The Charity Randall Foundation Eagle Hall.
- Make your wedding truly unforgettable with special encounters with beautiful birds like penguins, parrots, and birds of prey.
- Gorgeous stone fireplaces create a cozy and intimate atmosphere and provide a lovely backdrop for photos.
- Host brunch for your guests the morning after your big day!
Let’s Flock Together!
Create a dedicated fundraising page to support the National Aviary and share it with your guests, friends, and family.Create your wedding fundraiser here!
Let Us Help You!
- With breathtaking backdrops in the Rose Garden and in the National Aviary’s immersive habitats, experienced staff, and elegant event furniture included in your rental, the National Aviary takes the stress out of planning.
- Design a delicious menu with Chef Josef Karst of Atria’s Specialty Catering using fresh, local ingredients, prepared onsite. Wow your guests with a dazzling experience from hors d’oeuvres to champagne toast!
- Celebrate at a venue you can feel good about! The Garden Room is LEED Gold Certified featuring industry leading sustainability elements. Rentals of The Garden Room support our mission to inspire respect for nature through an appreciation of birds.
- The Garden Room was designed to comfortably accommodate up to 175 guests, depending on safety guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Safety is always our top priority, and The Garden Room’s ample space is ideal for gatherings while physical distancing protocols are in place. Our friendly team will help you to plan a memorable and beautiful event while observing safety protocols.
“I feel so fortunate to have had my wedding at the Aviary. The event staff and in-house catering through Atria’s made the planning process smooth…Guests from around the world got a unique experience, and my husband and I got to support an organization with a mission that aligns with our values. Thank you to the entire staff for your professionalism, flexibility, and coolness under pressure… This is a special place!”Jennifer
An experienced team of event professionals are ready to make your big day perfect. Start planning today! Contact Our Events Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org, through our Contact Events Manager Form, or by calling 412-258-9463.
Intimate Ceremonies are available now!
Be one of the first to book your Wedding in The Garden Room, the National Aviary’s exciting new venue, now open!