Help feed a colony of African Penguins!
Members: $89.10 per person
Non-Members: $99 per person
Includes General Admission
This unique opportunity is offered twice daily at 10:15 am and 3:45 pm between April 1 and November 15.
Immersive Experience, Available April 1 – November 15:
- Gear up with boots and hip-waders and step onto the rocky beach of Penguin Point alongside an aviculturist.
- Learn about the various types of fish penguins eat, and the techniques the team at the National Aviary uses to feed and care for our penguins.
- Feed fish to adorable penguins! Some penguins will waddle right up to you to take the fish from your hand while others prefer to catch their meal as you toss a fish their way.
- Learn all about African Penguins and the importance of choosing sustainable seafood to help protect seabirds in the wild.
Email email@example.com or call 412-258-9445 for more information or with questions.
- To ensure the best experience for guests and our penguins, Interactive Penguin Feedings are for guests ages 12 and older. Guests 16 and under need to be accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age.
- Book before you visit to guarantee your experience. Same-day registration is based on limited program availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Cell phones are permitted in the habitat; however, the ability to use such devices in Penguin Point during the feeding will be left up to the discretion of the National Aviary staff member overseeing the Encounter. National Aviary staff are not able to take photos using a participant’s device.
- Attire: We will provide rain pants and jackets (available in sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3X), boots (available in sizes M5/W7, M7/W9, M9/W11, M11/W13, M14/W16), and latex gloves (please notify us if you have a latex allergy at the time of booking).
- Guests must wear socks (available for purchase in the Gift Shop), and long pants are highly recommended.
- Entering the Habitat: Access to the feeding area involves climbing a short flight of steps and walking over uneven terrain. You will be seated in the exhibit for the feeding. Seats are portable chairs with a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- Interacting with our Penguins: We ask that guests walk slowly and carefully, as our penguins will be in the habitat with you.
- Inclement weather: This is an outdoor experience. In the event of inclement weather, we will cancel the program based on our assessment of bird and guest safety, providing as much notice as possible. We will reschedule or issue a full refund upon cancellation.
- Personal Items: We will store your personal items that cannot be taken into the habitat with you. The National Aviary is not responsible for lost or stolen items.