The National Aviary is dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and unique destination for all of our visitors. Please adhere to the following policies to ensure you have a memorable time with us!
- During your visit to the National Aviary, you may be filmed, videotaped or photographed by or on behalf of the National Aviary. Your admission to the National Aviary serves as permission for use of your image by the National Aviary.
- Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without the prior consent of the National Aviary’s Marketing Department. Call 412-258-9441.
- The National Aviary is a smoke-free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes. Designated smoking and vaping areas are located just outside the facility. Please make sure you have your wristband on for easy re-entry.
- Please remain on designated guest pathways only, and respect all barriers separating yourself and our birds. Do not attempt to lean over or climb railings. Please allow personal distance between yourself and our animals to ensure their safety and yours.
- Our animals are on special diets, feeding them other foods can alter their behaviors or make them ill. Food is not permitted in exhibits or show areas.
- The National Aviary offers an interactive experience with birds where guests have opportunities to hand feed. Any time you come into contact with an animal or their food items, we strongly recommend that you wash your hands after.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an individual who is at least 16 years of age.
- Pets are not permitted on National Aviary grounds, in the parking lot, or in cars.
- Alcohol service/consumption is not permitted on National Aviary grounds. A special permit can be obtained for private and special events.
- Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times. Clothing with profanity, obscenities or any other offensive material deemed inappropriate for the National Aviary’s family setting is prohibited.
- The National Aviary is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Solicitation for any purpose is not permitted.
Prohibited inside the National Aviary
- Smoking (includes cigarettes, any electronic cigarettes, cigars, and pipes)
- Skateboards, bicycles, or recreational scooters
- Roller skates, rollerblades, or roller skate shoes
- Strollers with pedals or pull wagons