Internships at the National Aviary offer a variety of hands-on experiences that cannot be obtained anywhere else!
Students can intern in several different departments including Animal Programs, Marketing, Horiculture, and more
Marketing & Communications Internship
Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Salary: FOR CREDIT ONLY
- Assisting with the planning and execution of major marketing events, working with marketing and sales initiatives.
- Conduct research needed for various marketing projects.
- Implement marketing tactics related to publicity, advertising and promotions.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of press releases, maintaining press clip library and statistics.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented thinking
- Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure
- Marketing and/or Public Relations coursework a plus.
- Willingness to assist as needed in on-site and off-site events
- Ability to multi-task
- College Junior or Senior with a concentration in Marketing, Communications, Business, English, Journalism or Public Relations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Past or current involvement in an any of the following areas: marketing, communications, event planning, customer/guest services
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and attend events outside of normal work week, minimum 15 hours/week required
- All staff are required to complete a PA Child Abuse Clearance Form and State Criminal Background Check prior to beginning work at the National Aviary.
Please email resume and cover letter to Ericka.Houck@Aviary.org
Deadline to apply: ongoing