Experience a world of birds at the National Aviary, and host your special event at our perfectly unique venue. Your guests will cherish an evening spent amidst our blossoming rose garden, peering at the starts through the glass-domed Atrium, or strolling through the free-flight exhibits and mingling with our fine, feathered friends. The National Aviary is a unique Pittsburgh event venue, with unique and flexible event spaces, perfect for:
- Wedding receptions, with a beautiful garden or tropical wedding ceremony
- An easy-to-plan holiday party for any type of company that will make you look like a star
- Corporate events from a client reception or happy hour, to a dinner party, breakfast meeting, or awards presentation. Corporate events at the National Aviary will stand apart from the rest!
- A convention kick-off party at a national attraction
- A one-of-a-kind graduation party
- A perfectly themed baby shower or bridal shower
- Entertaining alumni events
- A class reunion everyone will want to attend
- A memorable family reunion destination
- An anniversary party or milestone birthday party that will be talked about for years to come
- Hosting your fundraiser or special event gala
- Bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs
For special Event and Facility Rental information, or to schedule an appointment to view the National Aviary, please contact Lauren Keiser, Events Coordinator at 412-258-9436 or by email: MyEvent@aviary.org
All Rental Fees Include:
- Access to select Aviary exhibits, including the free-flight Wetlands, Grasslands and Penguin Point.
- 60" table rounds, 6' and 8' banquet tables and seating set up prior to your arrival
- Complimentary parking in our 65-space lot, Security guards, event supervisor, animal trainers and maintenance services.
• Guest totals above 200 require additional security at the renter’s expense.
• Events with 20+ children (18 years old or younger) in attendance require an additional $100 staffing fee.
• The National Aviary does not permit use of the following items: flame candles/votives, balloons, birdseed/rice tosses, glowsticks/bracelets/necklaces, pets, piñatas, straws, stirrers, or cocktail picks.
• The National Aviary requires our approved caterer for all food, beverage, and alcohol service. No self-service is permitted. Favors and giveaway items containing alcohol are also not permitted.
• Linen, glassware, china, flatware, and other service rentals can be obtained through our caterer or through your own vendor.
• Additional chairs above 185 can be rented for you at an additional cost.
• Saturday evening rentals require a 4-hour minimum rental and a $1500 food and beverage minimum.
• The National Aviary is NOT an allergen-free facility, as many of our birds’ diets include nuts, seeds, and other potential human allergens