The Northside Cultural Corridor is a placemaking initiative that focuses on the approximate one-mile passage from the Mattress Factory to The Andy Warhol Museum. Partners include The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh; Mattress Factory; The Andy Warhol Museum; City of Asylum; the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy; and the National Aviary. With thanks to generous support from the Allegheny County Regional Asset District, the Corridor Partners work to build stronger relationships between our institutions and our neighboring communities.
On September 30, we’re excited to announce the official launch of our project! In partnership with Grounded Strategies, the Corridor will be publishing new walking path maps for the Corridor cultural district. Maps will be available online and at all of our institutions.
Click here to learn more about the Northside Cultural Corridor!
Additionally, the Corridor museums and cultural institutions will be FREE to the public, with various drop-in activities. Visit one or all locations!
At the National Aviary, we will be offering free admission from 10 am to 5 pm, with general admission timed entry tickets required for entry.Reserve Here!
We will also be offering a free activity outside the front of the National Aviary on Arch Street, open to everyone, from 2:30 pm to 4 pm. During this time, we will offer a rainforest activity, a biofact game, and a meet and greet with an armadillo!
Check out the full schedule of activities from each organization below!
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES
- FREE timed-entry admission online at The Warhol, the National Aviary, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, and the Mattress Factory.
- Open hours vary. Check times and reserve tickets by visiting each organization’s website.
- Activities and programming, raffles, giveaways, and other activities City of Asylum Bookstore Pop-up programming throughout the Corridor from the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council Art Truck
- Stilt walkers, jugglers and more in Allegheny Commons Park courtesy of Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
10 AM – 5 PM
- Pop Art Pop Up artmaking at The Warhol
11 AM – 6 PM
- Family Scavenger Hunt packets available all day at the Mattress Factory!
- Pop-up story time for kids — in Arabic and Spanish only—at City of Asylum bookstore.
Noon – 5 PM
- Grab bags, book bingo, book recommendations at City of Asylum Bookstore
12:15 PM – 1 PM
- Solar Concert Series at Buhl Community Park (Children’s Museum)
- Photography by Chancellor Humphries (@keeppghdope)
- Pop-up story time for kids at City of Asylum Bookstore FREE
2:30 – 4 PM
- Rainforest Game, Biofact Activity and Meet & Greet with an Armadillo in front of the National Aviary on Arch Street
- Pop-up story time for kids at City of Asylum bookstore
- Plant Walk in Allegheny Commons Park (Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy)