- This event has passed.
Junior Penguin Encounter
July 25, 2020 11:30 am - December 31, 2020 12:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:30 am, repeating until December 31, 2020
An event every day that begins at 11:30 am, repeating until May 29, 2021
An event every day that begins at 11:30 am, repeating until September 6, 2021
NEW! Introduce your little one to an adorable penguin!
Available to visitors at $33 per person
Member Price: $29.70 per person
Includes General Admission
Ages 6 and under
Offered daily at 11:30 a.m.
- Talk with a penguin expert and learn all about African Penguins and their wild habitat.
- Ask anything during this interactive experience – curiosity is encouraged!
- Participate in interactive games and enjoy a story about penguins.
- Get up-close to a real African Penguin!
- Take photos and videos to document this memorable experience that’s perfect for families with young children.
- Each animal encounter is limited in size to allow for a personal experience and to provide ample space between participant groups.
- Seating is separated by 6 feet for individuals and families not in the same group.
- Staff will wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Guests are also required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- The National Aviary is performing frequent cleaning and disinfection of surfaces throughout the day.
- This encounter is open to all ages as it was created with young penguin lovers in mind – our team recommends this experience for children under 6 years old. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- At the National Aviary, we give our animals the choice to participate in interactive experiences with caring guests, like you! Please provide your contact information when booking your encounter. If our animal ambassador needs a day of rest, we will contact you to reschedule your encounter. The comfort and safety of our animals and our guests is always our top priority. Thank you for understanding!
Email email@example.com or call 412-258-9445 for more information or with questions.
In The News
Bring your kids to the National Aviary, where they can view 150 different species, many of which are threatened or endangered.Read More »
The five-month, $3 million renovation of the walk-through habitat was unveiled Monday.Read More »
The National Aviary celebrated the reopening of its Wetlands habitat with a ceremonial ribbon-cutting on Monday, following a $3 million renovation project.Read More »
The National Aviary boasts 500 birds each representing more than 150 diverse species from around the world. Among these are several recent additions.Read More »
The National Aviary’s Largest Habitat, the Wetlands, Reopens Following $3 Million Renovation | National Aviary News
The immersive habitat features bird-friendly glass, new bird and plant species, stunning interactive features, and energy efficiency upgrades.Read More »