Escape the cold winter weather with a visit to the National Aviary!
There's always something incredible to experience at the National Aviary - You can feed a toucan! Hang out with our sloth, Valentino during his daily 2:30 feeding. Venture through beautiful, indoor exhibits, and much more!
Check out this season’s special events:
- High Seas Escape - February 24 - Get tickets at the door for $35
Set sail to the National Aviary for our popular 21+ event. Come dressed as a colorful parrot or an adventure-seeking pirate and be ready to shake your tail feather on the dance floor. Enjoy Caribbean cocktails while mingling with parrots and other exotic birds.
- Flamingo Fest - March 18 – 19
Rediscover everyone’s favorite pink feathered friends!
- Penguin Painting - March 12, April 9, May 14
Our talented African Penguins paint with their feet. You can take home an artistic masterpiece. Call 412-258-9445 for more information or to reserve your space.
- Private Penguin Feeding - Begins March 1, Daily at 1pm or 4pm
You’ll enter the exhibit, sit alongside our staff, learn how we feed our penguins, then feed a penguin yourself!
When you visit, don’t miss these exciting activities:
- NEW! Aracari Feeding – daily at 12:00 & 3:00 pm
You can feed a toucan! Our little toucans are ready to meet you in our newest interactive feeding. For a additional fee, have an aracari hop on your hand to enjoy a fruity treat.
- Baby Sloth Feeding – daily at 2:30 pm
Come early to make sure you can see the adorable baby sloth Valentino when he comes out to say hello and have his breakfast.
- Nature’s Voice – daily at 11:00 am and 1:30 pm, except on Tuesdays
Travel around the world and through time with colorful Macaws, crafty Burrowing Owls, and the incredible Palm-nut Vulture.
- Interactive Encounters – Book in advance to ensure your experience!
Get nose to beak with our incredible birds. A Bird Encounter makes a wonderful birthday gift for the animal lover in your life.
Plan an Adventure with Guided Bird Watching Tours
- Wonderful Waterfowl - March 25
Travel through Western Pennsylvania with trip leader and National Aviary Ornithologist, Bob Mulvihill! Bob will share his expertise as he helps the group spot as many as several hundred—even thousands of migrating waterfowl.
- Wood Warbler Weekend - May 20 - 21
Experience the excitement of spring warbler migration during this fun overnight trip along the Northwest Ohio lakeshore.
- Visit Spectacular South Africa with the National Aviary's Director of Veterinary Medicine Dr. Pilar Fish - October 12-25, 2017
See African Penguins in the wild, and much more! On March 8, attend a travel planning session where you can meet a live African Penguin up close, talk with National Aviary veterinarian and avian expert Dr. Pilar Fish and learn all about this once-in-a-lifetime trip! To RSVP for the Travel Planning Session, contact our group sales coordinator Audrey Beichner at 412-258-9463 or Audrey.Beichner@aviary.org. For questions or to book your trip, call AAA's reservation line at 1-800-354-8761. For more information, visit www.AAA.com/southafrica.