Open Employment Positions
Reports to: Director of Facility Operations
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time or Full-time
Department: Buildings and Grounds
Date: August 2020
Please submit your cover letter, application, and resume to Conor McGarvey at email@example.com
The Buildings and Grounds Crewmember is an important role in the Buildings and Grounds Department. The Crewmember is responsible for creating a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for the National Aviary’s Animal collection, visitors, and staff. The Crewmember directly affects the Visitor Experience and the working conditions of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs major cleaning of assigned areas; cleans and maintains buildings, furnishings, ground and property.
- Performs daily floor maintenance of all main hallways and visitor space areas.
- Cleans, sanitizes and disinfects restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets; washes windows, mirrors and walls; monitors and maintains adequate supplies in the restrooms
- Empties, sanitizes and deodorizes trash and recycling containers.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, air vents, doorframes, doors, walls, windows and window blinds, mirrors and baseboards.
- Identifies and reports building maintenance needs throughout the facilities.
- Completes special cleaning details as requested.
- Assists with daytime events: moves and arranges furniture; opens and secures buildings; locks entrances, exits, doors and other mechanisms in Aviary buildings.
- When working evening events:
- Sets up and breaks down events, including moving equipment (tables, chairs, benches, trash/ recycling receptacles, pop tents, portable lamp posts, sound systems, and extension cords); opens and secures buildings; locks entrances, exits, doors and other mechanisms in Aviary facility.
- Adheres to event guidelines and follows direction from events staff during all events to ensure high visitor satisfaction.
- Performs frequent rounds of visitor spaces, discreetly tidying and pulling trash/ recycling as necessary.
- Works with Animal Programs in the cleaning and maintenance of off-exhibit holding.
- Performs landscaping duties, as needed, including maintenance of grounds, parking lot, sidewalks, and snow removal.
- Assists with other departments, including but not limited to special events, as needed to support operations
- Adheres to all National Aviary protocols and procedures
The National Aviary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.